ZION HEALTH: PRINCIPLES OF MEMBERSHIP
Each member of Zion Health must comply with the following requirements to maintain membership with Zion Health and remain eligible to participate in the medical cost sharing program. Adherence to the Zion Health Principles of Membership minimizes medical risks, encourages good health practices, and ensures member integrity and accountability.
All Zion Health members must attest to the following statements:
- I believe that a community of ethical, health-conscious people can most effectively care for one another by directly sharing the costs associated with each other’s health care needs. I acknowledge that Zion Health affiliates itself with, and considers itself accountable to, a higher power. I recognize that Zion Health welcomes members of all faiths.
- I understand that Zion Health is a benevolence organization, not an insurance entity, and that Zion Health cannot guarantee payment of medical expenses.
- I agree to practice good health measures and strive for a balanced lifestyle. I agree to abstain from the use of any illicit or illegal drugs and refrain from excessive alcohol consumption, acts which are harmful to the body. I understand that members who use tobacco will have an increased monthly contribution (per household) of fifty dollars.
- I am obligated to care for my family. I believe that mental, physical, emotional, or other abuse of a family member, or any other person, is morally wrong.
- I agree to submit to mediation followed by subsequent binding arbitration, if needed, for any instance of a dispute with Zion Health or its affiliates.